Operating Your TUNDRA TOASTER
- Turn fan switch (#9) off, connect electrical source (#8) and propane supply (#6).
- Press safety valve button (#12) fully in.
- Turn temperature regulator know (#5) clockwise until you hear a slight gas hissing noise.
- Press igniter button (#10) until ignition.
- Turn fan switch (#9) on. adjust output with temperature regulator (#5).
- Hold safety valve button (#12) fully in for 60 seconds after ignition, then release.
- Close valve on propane bottle.
- Let unit run until housing is cool, then turn fan off.
- Disconnect the power and propane supplies.
Tips for Operation
- DO NOT turn the fan switch off when heater is operating. SERIOUS overheating may occur.
- Propane bottles lose pressure in extreme cold. At -40 propane pressure is only 4 psi the TUNDRA TOASTER requires 15 psi to give maximum heat.
- When starting the unit DO NOT point the heater outlet toward people or anything flammable. Flame will exit the front of the heater when starting.
- DO NOT obstruct the burner air inlet at the rear of the unit.
- Ensure that the fan inlet CANNOT be obstructed. (by tarps, snow, etc.)
- In case of igniter malfunction, ensure that the gap between the electrode and the burner is less then 1/4".
- When heating equipment outdoors cover the equipment with a tarp, first to keep the heat confined. Ensure the tarp does not contact the heater.